Gregory Cabailh, Stéphane Chenot, Jacek Goniakowski, Stephane Guilet, Rémi Lazzari, Slavica Stankic
The general objective is to study the effects of dimensionality reduction on structural, electronic and reaction properties in oxide materials. Our studies are carried out using a combination of laboratory and large instrument experimental techniques and theoretical tools. The experimental techniques used are photoemission spectroscopy, infrared spectroscopy, near-field microscopy and high resolution electron energy loss spectroscopy. The theoretical tools used are ab initio atomistic calculations.
Simulations are used to rationalise the formation principle of 2D transition metal mixed oxides.
Figure: The low dimensionality of the oxide impacts the redox process between the two cations which favours the formation of mixed compounds.
- Chen Wu, Martin R. Castell, J. Goniakowski, Claudine Noguera. Stoichiometry engineering of ternary oxide ultrathin films: BaxTi2O3 on Au(111). Physical Review B: Condensed Matter and Materials Physics (1998-2015), American Physical Society, 2015, 91 (15), pp.155424. ⟨10.1103/PhysRevB.91.155424⟩. ⟨hal-01243085⟩
- Goniakowski, Noguera, Phys. Chem. C 123, 789 (2019)
- Wang et al. Nanoscale 11, 2412 (2019) https://pubs.rsc.org/en/content/articlelanding/2019/nr/c9nr04262h
- Maxime van den Bossche, Claudine Noguera, Jacek Goniakowski. Understanding the structural diversity of freestand- ing Al 2 O 3 ultrathin films through a DFTB-aided genetic algorithm †. Nanoscale, Royal Society of Chemistry, 2020, 12 (10), pp.6153-6163. ⟨10.1039/C9NR10487A⟩. ⟨hal-02986270⟩
- Li et al Phys. Rev. B Rapid. Comm. 97 (2018) 041403
- Rémi Lazzari, Jingfeng Li, Jacques Jupille. Dielectric study of the interplay between charge carriers and electron energy losses in reduced titanium dioxide. Physical Review B: Condensed Matter and Materials Physics (1998-2015), American Physical Society, 2018, 98 (7), pp.Phys. Rev. B 98, 075432. ⟨10.1103/PhysRevB.98.075432⟩. ⟨hal-01872526⟩